Wednesday 27 May 2009

KTMB - Best Operator?

Errr..... Am I the only one complaining about the komuter's services? Goodness! If the current service can earn the the best operator, I dare not imagine the worse alternative!

Granted, the timing has improved a lot. It's more punctual now / maybe they (the komuter management I mean) are clever enough not to display the timing at all. So you'll not know it's late. It's still far from being the best train operator though....

This evening for example witnesses the many areas tht needed improvement :
1) I missed 1 train because it's just too jammed pack with ppl

2) 2nd train came & I was practically "carried" into the train by the crowd of "over-eager" commuters. Can't blame them for their "Kiasu-ism" / lack of patience - if they miss this 1, tht would be another 20-30mins wait again. It's ok for someone who wants to go all the way to Seremban, but imagine waiting 20 + 20 + 20mins just to get to Midvalley; which is just 1 stop away?! And they wonder why the public prefers driving vs. public transport - isn't it obvious?

3) I saw a pregnant woman beside me & later cutting into my path of entry. She should be at least 6-mths pregnant & yet the ppl around her were not sensitive - probably from the fear of missing the train ride (ref to 2) - & the push continues... I was worried for her, so as much as possible I tried to be the shield to protect her, so tht she can enter without being crushed by the "mob".

4) I was holding on to a handle tht was installed on the side of the seat for standing passengers. When the train stopped at a particular station, there were a huge jostling as ppl tried to get out against the tide of ppl tht tried to cram in (they must have forgot their physics - for a certain mass to enter, the same quantity of mass needs to be dispersed... the infamous man in bath-tub will cause water equivalent to his mass to overflow... for 10ppl to get into a sardine packed train, 10ppl needs to get out! Jeezzz.....). Anyway, as a result, I was pushed against the seat with the handle rammed against my womb & practically turn my ovaries into crushed pulp! Worse, I can't even move to the seat tht was vacated right in front of me to reduce the pressure on my womb, because it was blocked by some kiasu intent on getting the seat. Hello!!! My poor ovaries needs a breather, just give me some space to ease the pressure first lar.... the kiasu can take the damn seat after tht lah!!! (Wonder what happens if the person is 2-3 mths pregnant! Tht poor babe would be "pushed" out prematurely)

I can continue, but why bother.... Best operator indeed... More trains plying the routes would help!

No comments: