Monday 21 March 2011

Happenings in 2010

Since I did not blog for the whole of 2010, here's some catch up on the happenings in 2010:
1) Another CNY with no baby in sight. It's getting more & more difficult especially when bump into insensitive relatives. The most difficult this year was of a distant cousin of my mother-in-law who initially tried to match make her daughter with hubby but it didn't materialize. The daughter married a few years after us & got a baby daughter soon after; with another bun in the oven (boasted to be a boy). She was so smug about her daughter having 2 kids already despite marrying later than my hubby & looked at me in disdain when she asked how come I've not had any yet & the fact that I'm not young anymore... That #@%$#*&!!

2) My maternal grandma passed away after 2010 CNY at the ripe age of 84. It was expected because she was diagnosed with cancer some time back, but her passing was still hard. She was so strong in comparison to her peers of the same age, that it never crosses my mind she'll leave so soon. I always marveled at her strength, dexterity (imagine a full squat & standing up without aid at her age!) & most importantly she can eat anything without "pantang". Most Asian old folks I know will shun foods like duck (aggravates rheumatism), cabbage (wind), iced drinks / cold food (cold), coffee (insomnia), cucumber (cold), yam (skin itch), prawns & eggs (cholesterol) etc. Not my grandma. She takes all of them & more. I was shocked when she even ate coleslaw (a definite no-no for others)!

3) 6th Jun - historic day where the doc took the first scan of baby. At that time he was just a black circle on the scan (refer to previous post for pix of scan). I wanted to shout out to that rude woman in (1), but what's the use... She'll just say, well good for you, but my son who just got married last year is already expecting a son soon... So? You're still very late in delivering your "KPI"... sigh... Save my strength for the coming baby!

At first, time seem to drag so slowly... Especially when waiting to:

a) know if it's a boy or a girl (that took forever!!) - though I don't mind if it's a boy / a girl cos' being my first, I'm happy just to have a healthy baby; but hubby's family is anxious for a grandson. I told my friends, if it's a girl, I'll tell my mum-in-law, don't blame the "postman" (or in this case woman). I just deliver... your son determines the sex! ;-)

b) get the results of my blood test & baby's scans to determine if he's healthy

After that? It just zooms past so fast that I was "sorry" when it was time to head for the delivery room!! Maybe because I had such a good & smooth pregnancy with none of the morning sickness etc etc, I just love being pregnant! Especially to feel every kick, knee-jerks, elbow-jerks and even the somersaults! At first I was anticipating a very uncomfortable last month where mothers normally complaint to me as being among the difficult months because the baby is so huge that you can hardly sleep... Well, I admit he did kick me a lot, but when I talked to him and asked him to be a good boy & let mummy sleep at night, the kicks stopped!! ... but continued again bright and early the next morning.

Finally baby was born on 11th January 2011 at 10+am. Weighing at 3.25kg. Here's his first pix after coming out of the delivery room:

No comments: