Tuesday 22 November 2011

Scared Shitless but Don't Know What to Do!

This month must be a very bad month for Kun Sam. He first had fever for 4-days. Then after seeing the paediatrician, his fever continued for another 2-days before finally subsiding.

After taking so much medication & so little milk, his face & some parts of his body broke out in rashes like spots. My mother-in-law said that it's due to "toxins" in the body trying to be excreted out.

Then... this morning he fell off the bed!

I left him on the other end of the bed towards the wall & he was sleeping; to quickly make a trip to the toilet. When I came back, he's already on the floor (on his stomach - crawl position)! I freaked out!! But.... I can't show that I'm freaking out inside because my mother-in-law is already on nagging mode. (e.g. "I've taken care of so many kids & not once did they fell off the bed!"). Well sorry to be such a bad mother!! As if I'd wanted such things to happen.

Sigh... I try... I really try... Maybe I'm truly a lousy mother...

Anyway, Kun Sam is fine (or at least that's based on the fact that he just cried for a while), he can move all his limbs, there's no nasty cuts / bruises on his head / body, not vomiting blood / bloody nose. He even started playing & smiling by the time I was ready to leave for work (yeah... I actually left for work, but that's to collect my laptop to be able to work from home later as I continue to monitor him).

It's 4pm now & so far he's eating, drinking, playing & sleeping as usual. I don't know... Should I bring him to the paediatrician again to check if he suffers anything from the fall? Scared SHITLESS!!

No comments: