Friday 1 February 2013

What they don't tell you in the plane safety demo

I read an article on Yahoo! by George Hobica what they don't tell you in the plane safety demo and thought it was very interesting. While some about why we must put on the oxygen masks for ourselves first before aiding others I've guessed just as much (except less scientifically), and the part about no high heels are also common sense; the others are a pretty interesting read as well.

As usual, I also tend to read the first few comments after an article just to get some thoughts on the subject and as usual I'm not disappointed. There were some pretty funny sharing. Here are some of those that I liked:

A comment from Jason D: Southwest has the funniest flight atten. One said last week in case our flight should turn into a cruise you have a life vest under your seat.

Comment from Hey: We landed in one city where it took quite some time to taxi from the runway to the gate and at the end the attendant said "Just so you people know, Southwest is able to keep the lowest fairs because we fly you half of the way and drive you the rest."


Another good one was when a man was hitting on the young attendant and she goes up to his friend sitting next to him said "Make sure to put your mask on first and then your child."..   My own sharing is an experience on Air Asia (if not mistaken it was a flight to Langkawi). We had a particularly charismatic cabin crew who provided the voice of the safety demonstration given by the flight attendants. He peppered the whole safety briefing with light jokes e.g. "please looks at the beautiful flight attendants in front of you as they've been practicing very hard to put on this show for you" and so on and so forth. The one that took the cake though was "This is a non-smoking flight. Please refrain from smoking. If you are unable to refrain from the temptation, please step outside of the plane" and this statement was given when we're already in taxi waiting to take-off.
I think we would have more people interested in listening to the safety briefing if all crews are like this guy.  :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed in
this article? I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get feedback from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!

My web site :: Air Jordan Pas Cher

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and
look forward to new posts.

Here is my website - Louis Vuitton Bags

Paulo Abreu said...

Olá - Hello!!

Eu sou do Brasil, e adorei o seu blog! Parabéns! Você é uma boa escritora.

I'm from Brazil and I loved your blog! Congratulations! You are a good writer.