Monday 28 January 2008

Plead of Temporary Insanity

During the weekend I had 2 "simple" missions in mind :
1. visit a slimming centre without 'chicken'-ing out
2. have my hair permed (I'm bored of my rebonded hair-do)

I had the car to my full disposal & all the time in the world this weekend...

We started with a trip to The Gardens - Midvalley where there were at least 3 - 5 slimming centres to pick from. We headed straight to Teppanyaki for dinner (since it was already 5+pm), then we're supposed to shop for some CNY stuff before heading for my 'slimming session'. Then again, we ended up shopping DVDs for about an hour, caught up selecting pants for dear hubby... the point is, I think subconsciously I've been trying to avoid the 'slimming session'...

As much as I would like to have a "fuss-free, pain-less, effort-less" slimming treatment, I think somewhere in the recess of my mind I pretty much doubt the effectiveness of the so-called "fuss-free, pain-less, effort-less" slimming treatments.

Verdict : Mission 1 abandoned

Sunday came with moments of self-doubt. Do I really want to perm / curl my hair? The temporary curls I did for LSC Annual Dinner looks good, but I hated the stiff feeling of the perm. Maybe it was just the hairspray, but then again... So I ended up doing house chores / playing Facebook... procrastinating... and after lunch I just "don't feel like it" anymore... (or so that's what I told my hubby) sigh...

Verdict : Mission 2 abandoned (as well...)

Not surprising I'm a gemini... Or could I just plead a temporary lapse of sanity when I made that mission? We'll see...

3 comments:

michelleho said...

Har... har...
Next time call gang la. In this kinda cases, hubbies wun work! Haha!

Fern said...

so u game for a slimming session? problem is I'm also not sure which one to go... so many...

michelleho said...

I'm game... but no have the resources for it la. Not cheap mer... But I can accompany you once I find a sponsor. Hehehe...