Thursday 1 May 2008

Toby Dah-Ling!....

Some might be wondering who in the world is Toby? Another Storm / Gangsta Mama / Road Bully?

It is a nick name all right... but not for a person but a car! Trust Gangsta Mama to come across this bit of news...

Well, it all started when our dear fren in office who offered a ride to Gangsta Mama & frens to the Farewell Party we organized for Yus (as 'reported' in my earlier blog). I can't remember the details of what happened along the way, but I do know that this cute lady of ours had to exert her Proton Savvy; which then prompted a spontaneous remark "Sorry ye Toby..."

Naturally Gangsta Mama's eyes widen as large as saucers, wondering who the driver said sorry to. Errr.... Your car has a name?!? But out of all names, why Toby?

The response / explanation I got was most appropriate indeed & thereafter I always find it to be very cute & endearing. It stands for :

TOBY = proTOn baBY
A stroke of genius! :-)

1 comment:

michelleho said...

How sweet. TO-BY? Will share this lil' story with my colleagues. Hehehe...