Tuesday 29 April 2008

Ming's Party @ Tony Roma's Part II

Nothing much... Just to add another 1 small piece of funny incident of the night. When deciding on what appetiser to order, I read out the list of items under Roma's Combo to hubby dearest. I said something like... "It has potato skins, buffalo wings... etc... etc... bla... bla... bla...".

After which he replied "I think we take the onion rings lar... Since we already ordered steak for our main"

I cocked up an eyebrow & wondered what does the steak got to do with our choice of our appetiser? Seeing my confusion, he added "yalar... got beef steak already, why still wanna have buffalo?"

My brothers & I were laughing so hard that we can't order & the waitress had to wait till we stop... Then my dad added that he honestly thinks that he'll make the same blunder in mistaking the chicken wings for a buffalo too! How in heavens does a buffalo sprout wings? and Why in the world did they name the dish "Buffalo Wings" anyway?!? So confusing...

Who knows... We can't explain to the westerners why we name our Chinese frog dish "Spring Chicken" either. Just another 1 of those quirks...

Don't worry honey... I won't think of you as a "Himbo" (Storm's term for the male variety of Bimbo - as she's sick of hearing the term Bimbo used on Storm too often). Just.... Uninformed...

No comments: