Thursday 31 December 2009

Recommendation: Nails Magic in SS2, PJ

Last Tuesday hubby had an appointment in SS2 & I not wanting to wait for him in a stuffy office, decided to walk around the block of shops / boutiques in SS2. I found a banner advertising manicure & pedicure, both for RM48 for first time customer. I decided to try since hubby would not be ready for another hour.

I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the good points about the place:
1. Comfortable solo sofa chairs with a running basin to soak your feet in
2. a huge LCD TV
3. rows after rows of O.P.I nail polish in every shade possible
4. Nail art designs tht are truly professional looking & not some lousy / cheesy looking nail art tht looks like the artwork of a 5-yr old drawing snowman / lop-sided snowflakes (though I do appreciate tht the "canvas" is truly small & may be a challeng for some - there's not much space you can paint on short nails)
5. Finally! A proper pedicure tht scrubs away your dead skin cells at the soles & the sides of the heels using pumice & followed by bath salts (the few I've tried so far only sticks your feet into some bubbly water with a bit of bath salt & wipe it dry, tht's all... and when asked to remove the dead skins, the generic answer is - need to add money... sigh...)

Not tht used to a guy doing pedicure & manicure though, but I must admit he's very good with the nailarts, so it doesn't really matter anymore. However if you're the type tht feels squimish abt having a guy handling your feet, there are women in their staff too. Just make sure you come prepared in open toed sandals & 1 - 1.5hrs to spare. If you go in pairs, I think the discount is even better.

5 comments:

michelleho said...

Where in SS2, exactly?

Oh... and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to the both of you!

Fern said...

Along the same row as the Eu Yan Sang outlet in SS2. Full address:

No 5, Mezzanine & 1st Floor,
Jalan SS2/67, PJ

If u want, we can go together-gether 1 of d w/end?

Happy New Year to you & sis too... A bit belated, but..... :)

michelleho said...

can can let's go one of the weekends in Feb. Hehe... my January weekends have to standby for work sigh

Anonymous said...

hi fern,
Do you have their tel number? I went there once.. tot to go this weekend and would like to fix appointment b4 going...

Fern said...

Apologies for responding so late. I was offline for nearly 2 weeks now after a small surgery. I'll talk about it in my article... when I have time later.

Anyway, the number is 03-7877 8235. If you're calling after office hours, the hp is 014-3676261 (Karen).