Friday 1 February 2008

Hurrah! Hurrah! It's a Holi-Holiday!

Okay... It's not exactly a weekend, but we're almost there... It's Friday & it's a Public Holiday for Federal Territory...

I took a train last night from KL Sentral & arrived Seremban terminal at nearly 12midnight. It's late to travel but I'm not complaining... This year is definitely better than the past 3-4 years I've had in my previous assignment. At least I get to "breathe" rather than stuck in office without dinner till past midnight every month-end. I'm mighty sorry for whoever who took over my job... but hey, maybe he's better at stuff & less of a klutz, so finish with less stress & much earlier than me.

Anyway, as the trip from KL Sentral to Seremban takes about 1hour 20mins, I took the time to catch up on my novel reading (a passion than I have abandoned for the last 3 years). I'm so happy to be able to have time to read again. & when I say read, I'm talking about serious reading... where you really complete a book & not just a few pages at months on end.

I've also started to buy lots of books (faster than I can "consume" them, but I must feed this long suppressed hunger) & am so gratefull that I had decided to walk into a warehouse sale unplanned (which is very rare for me - ask my friends & my poor hubby... they how much of a stickler to plans I am).

It was a fine lazy weekend, similar to today, as we (my hubby & I) drove along a street back in PJ & I caught a banner saying warehouse sale of clothes & books! We went in to check out the items & found "Pay Less Books". I knew its existance for some time but I have never really gone to a sale they throw from time to time. Boy was I ecstatic! They had a wide range of books & at such good prices that I belief to some serious book fans, they may think it is an insult to the book, its content & its author... Not that I'm complaining though... In fact I love it; afterall they are second hand (though in very good condition I must say) & some of them new.

Anyways, after that first visit, I'm poorer by a few hundred RM, but am richer with a few tonnes of really good books. I'm thinking of setting a blog just for my comments / reviews of the books I've read. It would be good to chronicle the stuff that I read & maybe along the may, hopefully get some people to be interested to pick up the books that I'm passionate of.

Back to the present. It has been raining since morning & after my customary weekend breakfast of honeyed tea & a few rounds of shortbread, it really sets the mood for a good curl up in the lazy chair & read till my hubby calls to fetch him up from work (he works in PD, so no Public Holiday for him...)

So, in case you're interested, I'm currently reading "The Summon" by John Grisham.

Ciao & have a good weekend... cos' I know I will...

No comments: