Sunday 17 February 2008

The Case of Edison & Gal Pals

When the case of Edison & his girl pals went all over the internet and debates over the morals of their conduct are published in papers & magazines; I can't help feeling afraid...

Not that I have such glorious past with naughty photos to hide, but rather I was shocked that in the age of the internet & light speed of information sharing, something so private & intimate can be made so readily available worldwide.

Imagine if it happens to someone we know / even ourselves. It may not be as spectacular as in the Edison's case, but let's say it is a really private thought that we record / a confidential information of our estate that we wouldn't want the general public to know. It just takes someone with intention to ruin your reputation to post something on the net and you're condemned / your life falls apart. Marriage fails. Trust broken. Respect went down the drain.

I'm not condoning the act of Edison & his gal pals and neither am I condemning them... but I felt that the people who "stole" the very private pictures & deliberately violated the privacy / personal life of another person are just as guilty, if not more.

I feel it is a cyber version of "rape"... Of being violated.

No one, no matter how immoral a past they have, deserves such a treatment...

No comments: