Thursday 4 December 2008

'A' for Aliens, 'A' for Anniversary

I was having a tough time figuring out what to get for my hubby for our 4th Wedding Anniversary. The normal tie / pen doesn't work cos' he works in the refinery! He doesn't need a tie / a fancy pen...
wallet - he has 2 (1 using & 1 in the drawer)
belt - he has lots (bought during our trip to Chiang Mai)
shoes - a boot full
sandals - 1 will suffice for him
perfume - for a guy who says "natural sweat smell is manly"? I don't think so.....
leather jacket - I can't even get him on long sleeve / long pants... I doubt he'll ever use the jacket
cufflinks - to be used for his refinery safety jacket? hmmm.....

Aaahhhhh....... What do I get for him?!?!

Then a spark of inspiration hit me... I came across a shop in Berjaya Times Square selling collection items for all sorts of action figures. Most importantly, they are cheaper than the other shops I've come across. Cool.... I know he'd love it!

StarWars - nah.... he's not a fan

Indiana Jones - he likes the movie, but Harrison Ford action figure doesn't look cool enough

Terminator - another of hubby's favourite but it's the human version.... I want the "naked" terminator. Errr.... I mean terminator where you can see the robot inside... not the naked Arnold - puhleeezzzzz.....

Then.... aha! Alien vs. Predator! Lovely.......
The Aliens are damn ugly but cool.... you can see the sinews of the alien muscle, bone structures, odd shaped head - all in all, very detailed / intricate figurine...
The Predator is just as ugly if not worse... but juzz as cool...

Problem - There are at least 3 versions of Predators, 2 versions of Aliens & 1 what the shopkeeper call as "Predalion" - apparently it's the hybrid of Aliens vs Predator (you'll be shocked to find out tht the shopkeeper who tells me this is an auntie with a late 20's / early 30's son!)

Errr.... am no AVP expert... I cringe / close my eyes at least 50% of the whole movie (or rather a series of them)! I'll accept the "expert's" advise on what is alien / predator / predalien (although she's in the form of an auntie around my mother's age!)

What did I finally buy?
1 x 18" Alien
1 x smaller (can't remember d dimension) Alien
1 x Predator (same size as the small alien)
1 x Predalien (same size as the small alien)
though the poor predator will be surrounded by aliens, but can't help it! The Aliens looked so much Cooler....

I know my mum-in-law will freak if she sees this gift (she's alwiz saying tht looking at ugly stuff especially when you're pregnant - the baby will look like tht ugly stuff... Baby Alien spawned by a Human? yikes!). Let's hope it not the case.... (if I ever get pregnant...)

3 comments:

michelleho said...

Firstly - keep on trying... you will ONE day lah... No giving up...

Secondly - Haha! The purrrfect pressie is to tie yourself up in a pretty bow without a stitch on and 'serve' him on a platter of whipped cream, chocolate and strawberries...

How about covering yourself with sushi in the RIGHT places - still tied up in a pretty bow with nothing else of course! Haha!

Fern said...

Tried that in the early part of our marriage *wink* *wink*

Though he appreciated the effort, he didn't like food with his ahem... other cravings... ;-)

Not a romantic... :-p

michelleho said...

Hahaha! Sorry - kenot help you there then... Hehe