Thursday 4 December 2008

"Royalty" treatment for Public "Servants"

It irks me every time when I have to move aside to give way when I heard a siren - thinking that someone might be critically ill / there's an emergency somewhere - only to find out that I'm giving way to some politician! What's worse, his / her outriders can be a mile long before he / she arrives.

As if their time is more precious than mine. Hello!.... I'm the tax payer here! They're my "employees" (ok.... I won't use "servants" I'm a kind employer), getting paid by "MY" tax contribution... What are they doing wasting my hard earned money! We pay our taxes to have police on the streets to keep our city safe! Not used to "clear the road" for an "employee" of the "Malaysian-Tax-Paying-Citizens"!

If they need to get to a meeting venue & KL is always jammed - then improve the traffic system! No wonder our politicians is always "disillusioned" that our road system is well and fine. They never need to sit in a jam for 2 hours just to get to a place that normally takes 15mins!

If the public transport is the way to go to reduce the number of cars on the road; hence reduce jam - try taking the commuter! It's jammed pack like sardines! If you can't enter the current 1, you'll have to wait for 18-20 freaking minutes! Add that waiting time with the travelling time - what's the difference to sitting in a jam? At least I get to reach right at my destination doorstep & not some train station that will require another wait for a feeder bus / taxi to bring me to the exact location I need to get to.

Why is this "Employer" feeling like a "Slave" to the "Employee"? Ever wonder if this could be the reason for the bad election results?

I wish someone among the "Employees" will just "Wake Up!" & stop the nonsense / energy spent making petty remarks / police reports / suing each other for some statement like :
"prison food is like dog food"
"Chinese can go back to China if they're not happy!"
"Chinese & Indians only 'tumpang' in Malaysia"
"having translated street names is not showing respect to the National Language"

Come on... There are more important tasks to do than squander it on non-public-benefiting activities (yea... the only benefit fr the squables are the laughs we get from the silly remarks thrown between many very mature adults)

Make me feel that whatever I pay in my tax is worth it, then you get my vote! Squander it, I'll give my votes too... Out....

So.... wonder if this article qualifies for an ISA (shakes head... then my vote will change to "What vote?!? This voter does not exist")

No comments: