Wednesday 28 October 2009

Bagan Pinang By Election - After Thought

I realize I forgot to mention about the campaign rally which Anuar Ibrahim gave his speach. No doubt some Chinese treat him with doubts. There's always talks tht "he was once as extreme as the BN gangs; why should we trust him now?" But, I still think he's truly a great orator & I also belief in choosing between the lesser of 2 evils.

Anyway, back to his speech. He mentioned a lot of things tht night (the last night before the election) & I'm sure it's covered extensively in Malaysia Kini. But there's 1 comical part tht somehow stuck on my mind... He referred the campaign billboards, flags etc by the BN "Macam Sarkas!" (i.e. like a Circus). Hahaha...

I remembered tht morning I was just complaining abt it being a waste of tax payer's money. I'm sure tht is our money... I doubt the party would have spent it so lavishly if it's their own. Even if it's not tax payer's money, am sure it's a "forced tax" from a number of Chinese / Indian businessmen - the so called "pendatang"s (apparently they are not "pendatang"s when it comes to money... but after the cheque is cashed, they are back to being "pendatang"s). However, Anuar really did sum the whole set-up quite accurately... "Macam Sarkas!"

No comments: