Wednesday 26 March 2008

2040 : End of World?

My hubby & I was watching the news on TV when they reported a claim by a scientist that the world we know today is expected to come to an end by the year 2040. Places like China will turn into deserts & the weather so extreme that it will be unsuitable for man / beasts. The situation is so irreversible that nothing we can do today / the next few years can prevent the emminent distruction of earth.

I turned to my hubby & calculated... "That is 32 years from now! By then I'll be 61 years old & you'll be 73! Maybe it's a good thing that we're still childless; rather than bring him / her into this world to suffer! Let's not have kids & aim to die before 2040"

My hubby look at me as if I've lost my marbles. He then patiently said "What if what the scientist predicted did not materialize? What if we managed to find a way to make earth livable again? Then we'll be a lonely & bitter couple looking at each other with regret."

But what about the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow' where no one believed the scientist & in fact disaster striked faster than initially expected?!?

Hmmmm......

3 comments:

michelleho said...

What the...?

I am now also looking at you queer-ly...

Fern said...

haha.... that's what this blog is for mar... to record my quirky tots... :-)

Anonymous said...

The best way to avoid acne cases are to maintain your home bedding nice and clean. This is especially essential for your pillowcase which may soak up the sweat, essential oil and tears that you simply naturally create during the night time. Your face rests about this daily so it will be crucial that this be nice and clean. Keeping it clear will prevent lots of breakouts later on. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Div5uen4d[/url]