Tuesday 21 July 2009

National Geographic best pictures of the year

Someone shared with me the National Geographic best pictures of the year. They are quite artistic & beautiful... some even very powerful (if you can use tht to describe a picture). These are my personal titles / comments for the pix... Enjoy...





















Nature's Art 1 : Geysers
Is this really scenes from Earth? Is it even real? Looks like from a painting / something












Nature's Art 2 : Rocky Coastline
Looks like a painting




















Nature's Art 3 : My caterpillar, My Leaf...
Wow! This caterpillar deserves an 'A' for the abstract artwork on the leaf!















Love Bites! Right.... Where Do I Start? ;-)




















Nature's Art 4 : Northern Lights
"Abstract painting" on the sky.....
errr.... & the copycat on land.... (lake actually)




















Nature's Art 5 : Trees, Trees, Everywhere Trees
The reflection on the water makes the picture of an otherwise normal wetland tree, look phenomenal!

















"Moo"sic To My Horns....
How sweet... Moose kiss! caught on camera




















Ah..... Beautiful confetti in the air!
must.... grab.... some....



























Huggy... huggy...
There's no place like the comfort of mama's bosom!




















Magnificent valcano spewing molten lava...
My forehead has some this morning.... ;-)




















Children... Be on your best behaviour!!
We're on camera! 1.. 2.. 3.. snarl.....




















Inspiration for Ice Age.....




















Mid Air Courtship

"Ark! I twisted my neck... Must have been that new goose-feather pillow! Should have known better than using our own kind..."





















I will follow her.... Follow her to where ever she may go....
"Talk to the flippers!"

(as in talk to the "hand")




















Survival of the fittest
Wilderbeast to crocodile "Show-off! I know you can do the backflip... Don't need to rub it in..."





















The Great Big Blue....

"Buuuuuurrrrrrrpppppp! Excuse me... Must be too much fizz in my plankton champagne"




















Survival of the fittest

"I hate it whenever sardines swim off like headless fishies whenever I'm around! What?! I have BO meh?"



























Pass the baton exercise...

Practicing for the Craneolympics




Meet you at sunset!!
"Let's duel buster!"


A parent's love...
"Brrr.... I'm having a pink nose thanks to the freezing cold! Come to think of it, we have pink faces!"

There's about 8 more, but can't upload all at once.... Will upload more later....

No comments: