Wednesday 15 July 2009

Shopping Madness!!

Sigh.... Most of my mishaps are with shopping.... With Arts & Crafts.... Now shoes!

Well, it's stale news but it happened sometime this mth. As usual I was waiting for hubby in the Gardens while he's receiving his hair treatment and as usual I browse around Isetan (since it's the "cheapest" shop in Gardens & I do like their fashion).

To cut a long story short, following are my shopping damage :
1. Snowfly heeled sandals (50% off) - I really need this
2. Steve Madden 4-inch heels x 2 pairs (50% off) - honestly this is a luxury... not something I need... but I love it so so much! It's just too pretty!
3. a bolero short sleeved jacket (70% off) - imagine RM130 original down to RM39! dirt cheap
4. South China Sea slacks x 2 pairs (Khakis & Blue @ 70% off) - original RM100/pc. Now RM30
5. beaded sleeveless top (20% off) - in all honesty, this is a splurge... I know I'll never pay tht on normal times, but I guess I was on a roll tht day & it was really-really beautiful!

I know I won't be able to make such shopping damage (esp. 1 & 2) if not for the "mantra" I kept repeating the whole time I was browsing / contemplating purchase... The "mantra" goes like this : "What is RMxxx when someone can buy RM4k for a purse!!!" / "This is not even 10% of RM4k & it's for xyz! Not just a purse..."

Fortunately I know how to pull the brakes for 1 occasion... because I managed to "convince" myself tht I'll just splurge this once to buy a nice Coach bag that I really liked but dare not even step foot into the boutique to check out the price. There's a clearance sale going on anyway, so I thought it'll reduce my shopping guilt if I know it was on sale... Lo & behold, the price tags says - RM3,988 / RM6,798 / RM4,555 on 50% off. :-O OMG... I wasn't even prepared to give 10% of the original value! What good is a 50% discount!!! So at least I had the sense to stop there & walked out without any further damage to my bank account. phew!

No comments: