Thursday 9 July 2009

Penang Trip & Mum's Progress

I was back in Penang from 1st-3rd Jul for training held at Evergreen Laurel. It was the hotel we had our graduation dinner....

Anyway, we started our journey by car after work at 6.30pm & arrived Penang around midnight - stopped at Tapah for dinner & strong tea to keep us awake. Struggled to wake up the following morning because I thought I was told that the training starts at 8am. Rushed through breakfast & sit myself in the training room only to find out at 8.30am, that the training is actually at 9am - sigh.... How come the communication so bad wan.... I could have slept an additional hour.

Fortunately the training ended on time at 5.30pm & I rushed home to have dinner with mum & dad. Mum just got discharged on 1st Jul & is still feeling the pain on her elbow despite the pain-killers. We also had to be cautious on the food we order so tht she doesn't take food that can aggravate wounds (the Chinese said - food tht got "poison"...) such as duck (#1 in the list), yam, chicken, eggs etc...

Day 2 & Day 3 is the same with the day starting with training followed by dinner with parent. Day 3 dinner we however had durian feast along Macalister road. We were so stuffed by durian & was so "heaty" that I got a headache.

Saturday, we went to the Balik Pulau stall tht my dad was talking about since the day he found out I'm coming to Penang. For RM15, we can eat all we want.... & all of them good quality.... D24 lar... Pig fat lar (sorry I didn't coin tht name, the seller says it's named so cos' the durian is so white like pig fat, but taste fantastic)... Red flesh... bitter sweet, sweet only etc etc.... Wah! By the time we finish I felt the heat up to my head again. Fortunately we walked to a coffee shop nearby & had "Ambla Somboi" - ahhhh..... It cooled me down & surprisingly elliminated my headache.

After stuffing so much durian & food in the past few days, I left Penang feeling a few pounds heavier & not craving for any durians at all (at least for this year)!

Sadly, had to leave on Saturday itself because we want some time to rest from the travel. Mum was naturally not happy & poor hubby got most of the "blame" for not wanting to stay longer, although I stressed tht it was both our decisions to rest before work on Monday. I guess it's the pain from her elbow making her crave for company. Fortunately Shen is going back to Penang the following w/end, so at least she has something to look fwd to.

No comments: