Tuesday 11 October 2011

Mid Week Rambles II - continued

As I drove home the other day after posting the Mid Week Rambles II, I discovered that there are several more to be added to the list:
11) Why does the fast lane tend to be the slowest to move?

12) Why does a motorcyclist need to occupy the middle of the road when they're already "invading" the entire stretch in between cars making it impossible to change lanes (refer to the earlier comment in II)?

13) Why do people slow down to look at what they thought was an "accident" only to discover it's a car / lorry that has broken down so speed off disappointed, but in the process had caused / left behind a 5km crawl behind him / her?

14) Why do we have people who drive at 1st lane speed but occupying the fast lane, causing the 1st & 2nd lane to move faster than the 3rd lane (I may have answered #11 :-p)?

15) Why do I get the stink eye / "royal salute" finger / a kick at my boot when I have given ample signal that I'd want to turn & the only inconvenience to the motorcyclist was the fact that he / she had to slow down?

16) Imagine coming out of a junction to a main road where the crawl started even before the junction, am I supposed to drive opposite direction to get to the back of the line so as not to cut que? That's ridiculous right? Yet I get the same stink eye / "royal salute" / much blinding flashing of headlights, but this time from car owners. "Pardon me, I don't intend to cut que, but I really was coming out from that junction over there!"

It's things like this that makes me want to work from home more often...

No comments: