Tuesday 25 November 2008

Mama Mia!

That's what happens when not updating blog on a timely basis... My updates are all jumbled & not in it's order of event... I watched Mama Mia before the Bond movie... but what the heck... Wht's important is the event!

Anyways, Storm, Toby's owner (remember my blog on someone who called her Savvy Toby? tht's her), Gangsta Mama, hubby dearest (managed to "con" him into joining the grp of us gals) & myself decided to watch Mama Mia (the movie... not the Broadway version). However as we're only able to get movie tickets for 9+pm, Gangsta Mama can't make it, so our movie group is reduced to 4.

Gangsta Mama joined us for dinner though & wht an expensive dinner tht was! We wanted something "fast" but all the "fast" places we know are jammed pack with people, so we ended up at a "posh" looking Indian Restaurant - Cinnamon at the Gardens. Spent about RM50+ per pax for Naan, Curries & Indian delicacies. Taste is good, but not worth the price when you can get cheaper at the traditional banana leaf restaurant. Anyway, I digressed from the topic.

So, we made it to the movies just in time. Anyone who knows me know tht I am a sucker for musicals - Sound of Music, The King & I, My Fair Lady, Singing In The Rain, Summer Holidays - featuring Sir Cliff Richard looking oh so cute etc etc (am digressing again), but sadly this movie is... It's good, but the cast is a horror... In summary :
1) I hated the bride in the story - too giggly
2) Meryl Streep is good - but I just can't remove the Meryl Streep image from the Devil Wear's Prada & 101 Dalmatians. Her features is much too... errmm.... too.... hard / tough for this role
3) The groom looks worse! He tries to give the smoky / sexy look to his bride, but ended up looking like a pervert leering at a lamb! (& I literally meant lamb... not innocents girls...)
4) There's 1 Jamaican? Puerto Rican? African American? Well a character with dreadlocks... who seem to have an overdose of testosterone, looking like he's about to hump anyone / anything (I know tht's crass - but it was really tht bad!)
5) The award for the worst of all cast of horror? Pierce Brosnan! OMG! What happened! All of us had the shivers when he sang; then he had to dance - which made our hair stand on ends & the Finale - singing in psychedelic, tight leotard & chest bearing costume - strutting his "wares"... AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Why!?! Why!?! Why didn't you just stop at 007 - Bond? Why add this to your illustrious career... I'll never look at Brosnan's Bond the same way again (shakes head...)

Despite all tht, it was highly entertaining & I just love the Meryl Streeps' friends (can't remember their names). Music was great - can never go wrong with ABBA... Could have been better though...

No comments: