Tuesday 25 November 2008

Shopping Funnies

Lately I have been going on shopping sprees with Ms Storm - weekdays & weekends. Weekdays is whenever we got sick & tired of work & wants out. Weekends is whenever hubby dearest goes for his weekly hair treatment (& whenever Ms Storm can drag her ass out of bed before 12noon!).

One of the funniest incidents was when we found a dinner wear on 70% discount. There's 1 dress tht I particularly liked, but they only had size 'M' available. I doubt I can fit into it, so I replaced it on the rack, but Ms Storm as usual was 'brilliant' in her advice; said tht some size 'M' are huge, so I "might" just fit into it.

Oh well... No harm trying....

I got the dress down just nice all right but I can't zip up, so back to the racks... errr... but wait a minute.... why can't I get it pass my shoulders now.... hmmmm.... let's try downwards.... oh no, it's stuck at my hips.... How did I get in & can't get out? It's a puzzlement... Maybe it's my bra? So I removed it & still found the dress stuck at my shoulders. I knew then I need to get help fr Ms Storm so tht I can stretch my arms to the front & try to "arrow" my shoulders so tht it's less wide; while she pulls the dress out of me.

Darn! but I have no pants to put on because I was wearing a dress thinking tht it's easier to shop when I have only 1 article of clothing to remove. Now it's working against me - I don't have any pants to put on! Oh to hell with it! It's better than tearing this dress & having to pay RM100+ for a torn dress!

Storm? Storm? Oh Storm.........? I peered out the fitting room door & can't find her anywhere. Where did she go?!? I'm doomed.... Then a knock on the door.... Drat! Not the sales girl I hope... I cracked open the fitting room & what a relief to see Storm's face (I think tht is the only time I'll ever be relieved to see Storm... hahahaha....) Anyway, I told Storm of my predicament, got her into the fitting room (with me trying my best to cover my "modesty"), pulled the darn clothing over my head (phew.... wht a relief!) & practically pushed Storm out immediately after!

We were laughing all the way after tht (causing quite a few stares in the process) & Storm naturally insists tht this has to be documented in my blog (since I've caused enough embarrassment documenting her antics). Oh well.... think this is mild compared wht you normally do Storm... So I don't mind...

Oh, but before I end; I can't help putting in another Storm's antics from this shopping trip. Guess why Storm was missing when I first called for help? Well, Storm has a HUGE black handbag (tht she tortures & fill it up till the shape is all contorted) & while waiting for me, she made a turn somewhere near a mannequin, accidentally swings her HUGE handbag & knocked the hand (wrist downwards) off! She tried to fix it back, but the hand can't seem to be fixed back in place. Finally she left it right next to the mannequin's feet. As the mannequin is modeling a long evening gown, the wrist of the hand is covered, so from the view of any passers-by, the mannequins seem to have 3 feet!

Storm... I think we'll be banned from the shop in future lar with wht we did tht day... Probably a CCTV picture distributed to all staff to "shoo" at sight! :-p

More Shopping Funnies to come when I can write again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah!! Very good retelling of what happened tht day! Was wondering whn u'd finally document this one down...at least now I don't look like the ONLY weirdo in our team!!

Luv,
Storm