Tuesday 31 March 2009

Sean's Wedding Dinner in Malaysia

21st Mar'09 was the tea ceremony & wedding dinner of Sean & Lyndall. They held it at the Sunway Resort Chinese restaurant.

I brought along my crudely made - home-made Guest Book. Unfortunately as usual I forgot to take a pix of it again.... (surprise... surprise...) so I can't show how it looks like here. Anyway, to describe it :
Front Cover : I use a design card that I bought in MPH. It has the traditional Chinese red paper-cut motive with lots of common symbols in weddings - a pair of Peking love ducks & the word "Hei" which means something like Celebration / Happy Occasion. I also bought some thick red ribbons with embossed "Hei" Chinese character which became the border & not make the cover look so plain.

Back Cover : I used a plain pink card paper & again bordered with the red ribbon as per the front cover. In the middle, I got hubby to write the Chinese character for Love (i.e. "Ai") in Gold marker pen.

Content : Plain multi-coloured paper stuck together by cellophane tape (see wht I mean by crude... :-p)

** Funny thing is, I found the card - although it's called greeting card thickness... It's still rather thin, so I took some old mousepads that we no longer use & wrapped the mousepad with the different paper type / designs described above. That became the "thick & cushiony" front & back cover for the Guest Book!

The food was ok enough, but because my menses is coming, I had stomach discomfort & bloated feeling. So my symptoms came to look as if I was pregnant.... Well, sorry to disappoint... It's not...

The air-cond though was really-really bad.... I was sweating like nobody's business there. And tht hotel is supposed to be a 6-Star Hotel! I don't get it.

Oh... Forgot to mention... We assembled an impromptu performance! Boey Peng Lim & Family Choir Troop - singing "Yue Liang Dai Piao Wo De Xing" (The Moon Represents My Heart). Kinda embarrassing, but what the heck! Everyone enjoyed it & sang along with us (although they get to sit comfortably & we had to stand in front of the crowd!)... At the end of the performance, everyone said tht it's like the Sound of Music where the Von Trap family sang... err.... but I think we sounded more like pigs being slaughtered rather than a proper melodious choir!

The dinner was a good re-union too. Have not seen most of my cousins for years! Some have grown so tall & big that I didn't recognize them anymore. Made me feel rather old actually... Cos' most of them are either still studying / just starting work; while I'm already like 30 & rather jaded by now. OMG.... If I feel like tht at 30... How will I feel when I'm say 40 / 50!? (if I live tht long tht is)...

Anyways, was happy to meet everyone (albeit a few snobbish ones tht I gave a taste of their own medicine! Ignored them... :-p I'm the Devil really....)

No comments: