Tuesday 31 March 2009

Father-In-Law Birthday

We celebrated my Father-In-Law's Birthday last Saturday at a Chinese Restaurant in Seri Kembangan.

Was rather nostalgic celebrating his birthday there because it was the exact same private room & exact same table we had his birthday celebration I think 4 / 5 years ago. At that time I think it was the first time I attended his Birthday dinner as the "official girlfriend" of his son.

I liked that venue because the private room was decorated quite elegantly with traditional Chinese furniture & decorations. It also has a small area away from the dining table where you can lounge around the carved rose-wood sofa/bench & sing the Karaoke. The chandelier is not OTT & it's elegantly draped down right in the middle of the dining table. Last but not least - the dining table itself is a HUGE / Humongous table that can easily fit 20 pax in 1 seating without needing to squeeze / sit on stools (there's even space for a baby chair to be added).

The food was fantastic. It was so good that I wished I had suggested this place for Sean's wedding reception. We had the usual Four Season, "Phun Choi" (a dish where you have all type of meats in 1 pot), Buddha jump over the wall, Sharks fin soup, abalone & brocoli, suckling pig, Steam & stir-fry black pepper fish, salted-egg fried lobster, mix vegetable, fried rice, fried noodle, dessert & birthday cake! Not sure if I got all the menu in or not cos' after the 5th / 6th dish, I lost count what I've eaten & what was to come! How we managed to gobble all this down, I have no idea.

Am happy though that we made the celebration bigger - after all, how many of us can claim that they have touched 85! Long live "Lou Yea"! :-p

No comments: