Friday 7 August 2009

Series Review: It Started With a Kiss

"It Started With a Kiss" is a Taiwanese romantic comedy drama series. It's actually quite some time back already, but am only starting to watch it recently. I'm up to Episode 15 now & I think I'm only hitting the half-way mark.

I can't belief I'll actually follow a drama series. Sometimes I find it a chore to follow episode by episode. I was the sort who likes everything over & done with in 3hrs (like the regular movies). I'm ok with Lord of The Rings length of like 3-4hrs x 3. But 1hr x 40/50 episodes? It grates on my nerves. Not to mention tht series can be quite slow paced at times. Even crying & moaning can take almost an entire episode, turning me into an impatient child in a long trip repeating the mantra "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" every other minute.

The good thing about this drama series is that every single episode has something really funny / really embarassing on the heroinne, so it makes plodding through the many-many episodes bearable & I actually look forward to finding out the result of her mishaps. Not to mention Jiro fr Farrenheit is in the show. Although he's all goofy & all, but I kinda like looking at his face. He has a clown's face when acting silly characters but looks really cool when not. I've gone past the phase of "hero worship" like in my teenage years where I only look at Take That members, Jimmy Lin & Takeshi Kaneshiro; & whoever more handsome / more talented / more whatever will not shake my "loyalty" to them... Thank God that was over! Now I just admire looking at good looking guys / sweet looking gals in general & tht's it! phew....

No comments: