Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tiring Weekend

Last weekend was tiring & what's worse, I felt like most of it are from non-value adding activities (yikes! talking like a corporate robot now....)

We spent nearly 6hrs listening to a vacation club talk! Worse, we ended signing up for it. It's a Club membership with Golden Crown Resort (GCR) & a cruise membership with OVR (can't remember the full name). After hearing all the scary stories of scam etc & despite being able to verify the company to be "reputable" with its dealings with M'sia Tourism Board, we're still worried tht there's a catch somewhere. Fortunately there's a 10-Days cooling off period, so hubby is planning of cancelling the subscription be it genuine / fake. If anyone of you know about the above companies & have news abt them, do share. Even if I plan to cancel the membership, doesn't mean tht I don't plan to join it in future (if it's indeed a genuine membership).

That was Saturday... By the time we reach home, have dinner & clean up the dishes, I can't even lift up my eye-lids... The minute I put my head on the pillow, I fell asleep. Hubby said it was abt 10pm at tht time.

Sunday we had a full day course on forex trading. Hubby lar... I didn't wanna go, but he insisted... So go lor... To be honest, after the training, I'm more convinced tht stocks market is a better & safer investment than forex. No doubt there are ways to ensure we don't lose everything / techniques to track for opportunities, but it'll require full time monitoring because it only takes a few minutes to lose all your capital. Anyway, we left home at around 8.30am, had b/fast & arrived at the "class" at 9am. We finished at 5pm & I was already zombie like. Amazingly, I managed to stay awake to watch Death Race (see Movie Review) to the end at my sis-in-law's hse (she has a home theatre room - complete with reclining chairs, surround sound system & sound proofed / padded walls).

And on Monday I woke up at 6am so tht hubby can start journey back to PD at 6.40am! How we managed to stay awake I had no idea....

No comments: