Tuesday 14 April 2009

2nd Hand Camry

Writing about my Accident Magnet, I just recalled that I did not mention that we bought a 2nd Hand Camry recently.

It was getting quite tiring commuting between KL & PD in the old Corolla. One day we took a ride in my brother-in-law's Camry that he purchased pending sale. Each time our poor Corolla hit a pothole / cross a "patch-work" road surface (the part of the road where TNB digs & resurface unevenly, then JBA decides to dig on the same spot - a few inches away & resurface again, then Telekom decides to dig on the same spot again! - you get the picture....) - we dreamt of the silky smooth ride on the Camry.

But, we also got a lot of suggestions like - why pay RM75k for a 6-yr old Camry when you can get a brand-new Toyota Vios / Honda City? Ok.... So in order not to get into any rash decision that we'll regret later, we went to several showrooms to test-drive. Turned out, the price is on par was merely due to the difference in age of the cars. In terms of comfort, great driving features, smooth ride etc-etc, Camry (even a 6-year old one) is a class above. We tried checking out the price of a new Camry too, just to see if the premium for a brand new car is low enough to justify buying new vs. 2nd hand. It turned out to be RM140++k! Errr.... 6-yrs old is fine with me! I'll be paying more than RM11k in depreciation for the first 6-years if I take a brand-new one & tht is if the 2nd-hand market for these cars do not dip further! Would be more if it does... (hehehe.... excuse me.... Accountant talking)!

So after much deliberation & co-incidentally since I got the car park & need a car to drive to work, we finally bought the 2nd hand Camry. Travels between PD & KL is less tiring now....

No comments: