Tuesday 28 April 2009

Baby brother's 20th Birthday

OMG! It's his B'day again?!? I felt like I've just written abt his b'day @ Tony Roma's & obviously - tht was 1 year ago! It's an occassion to be celebrated, no doubt... but I can't help feeling freaked out tht time is moving so fast!

People used to tell me time flies @ unbelieavable speed when you cross 35. I'm already feeling it at 30.... I can't imagine how much faster it'll fly 5 years fr now! :-p

Anyway, poor bro has his exam right on his b'day, so we celebrated it a few days earlier - last Sun (26/04) at Melaka. We planned to have it at a Japanese restaurant, but turned out it was closed (imagine closing on the day where you'd be cashing in the most!.... **shakes head** don't understand). Bro was so disappointed.

Then Mei Ling suggested going to a fusion restaurant - Asian Havana (I think). Half way driving towards tht direction, Ming decided against it & wanted to go to a big Chinese restaurant (the type ppl normally have their Chinese wedding dinner)... I was surprised! I thought it was daddy's suggestion...

So we went there anyway (can't remember the name... as usual it has something like "Palace" / "Garden" whatever to its name). Another surprise - the food was really quite good... Let's see if I can recount the menu :
1. Steam "red lion" fish - nyonya style (verdict: good)
2. Stir fried "choy sum" with garlic (verdict: good - then again you can't go wrong with vegetable)
3. signature home-made "water" taufu (verdict: good)
4. Crispy chicken (verdict: could have been better. We thought it was the normal crispy skinned chicken where you get prawn crackers on the side. Instead it was coated in flour, deep fried & drenced in sticky sesame sauce)
5. sweet-sour pork rib in a yam ring (verdict: Excellent! The best of all dishes! The yam "ring" is actually pieces of square yams, but yummy anyways - so who cares abt the shape!)
6. Rich warm peanut soup & "Wor Peng" (crispy, pastry like flat pancake with sweet lotus paste filling - verdict: An excellent finish to a good meal)

Can you belief tht on top of all tht, we still managed to eat half of the birthday cake!?

As usual, hubby & I forgot the camera again (wonder why we bought tht piece of junk for if we don't use it!), so can't share any photos. This time however I managed to take a pix of the birthday card I made for my brother. Will upload the pix sometime end this week lar...

4 comments:

mho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelleho said...

The camera is now by default in my bag. A must besides my wallet, mobile and car keys! Maybe you should start this habit too? Hehe...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.