Thursday 2 April 2009

Niece's Birthday Card

Forgot to mention in my last post that I made a Birthday card for my niece.
Nope did not take a pix of it (again...) so will describe it.

I chose Lavender cos' I remembered her saying she likes a certain kind of purple. I used 2 A4 sized papers & punched some angel design along the binding sides. I then use a straw-like material to weave through the angel-shaped-holes to bind the 2 paper together. I also pasted some angel shaped designs from the same puncher but of other colours along the binded sides. Added some glitters on them.

On the other end of the paper in tandem to the binded side, I stencilled on a lighthouse (no particular meaning, just liked the design) & scattered stencilled stars all around it. I then cut along the outer perimeters of the stars & lighthouse, so tht there's some cut-out designs on the side & the bottom layer is exposed.

I then coloured the background black (but only the area with the stars) & outline silver borders around all the multi-coloured stars; which I coloured with 4-different coloured highlighters.

Finally in the middle between the border on the left & the designs on the right, I wrote a simple "Happy 21st Birthday!"

Eager to have the occasion to do more - Practice makes perfect... but wish I have more time...

No comments: