Tuesday 29 April 2008

'Baby' Brother's Birthday @ Tony Roma's

Though my youngest brother (Ming) is already 19 come this Birthday, but he's still & will always be the 'baby' of the family. The most mischievous of the 3 of us, he always has a way in 'indirectly' indicating to us where he wants to celebrate / what he'd like to eat.

So when I planned the birthday 'party' with my parent, Shen (my younger brother) & Mei Ling (Shen's girlfriend), I knew he'll have a few 'posh' places in mind **wink** **wink**

Anyways, initially Ming wanted to go to Saisaki for the Japanese buffet @ UOA near KLCC. However that place is getting to damn expensive & no longer worth it. So I suggested another venue - Tony Roma's. No.... not the one at the Curve, but their new outlet at the Gardens (Mid Valley). Wow! It was really good...

Now let's see if I can remember what we ordered :
1. Roma's Combo (a variety of appetiser consisting of buffalo wings, potato skins with melted cheese on top, 1 other appetiser I can't remember what was it, some celery & carrot sticks with a variety of dips)
2. Martini Shrimp (no... there's no hint of alcohol in that appetiser... It's just served in a giant Martini Glass; thus the name)
3. Full Rack Ribs (yummiest of all & the meat around the HUGE ribs are quite tender too. I belief it's the signature dish too)
4. Grilled Lamb Chops (quite dry - would be better with some sauce coated on the chops; but quite yummy when it's still hot)
5. Lightly grilled Cod Fish with Garlic Butter Sauce, Fragrant Rice & Brocolli (Delicious! The fish is so fresh & tasty and the rice is soft & fragrant... Highly recommend those who would like to avoid red meat)
6. Steak & boneless ribs combo (just to try the boneless ribs variation. Shen sums it up real nicely. The ribs meat without bones is just as tasty & nice; but the ribs with the bones is more satisfying as you sink your teeth into it & tear it off the bones - nothing like a nice bit of 'barbarian'-ism in having a satisfying meat meal! hehe...)
7. Shrimp with Pasta (Out of all the mains, this is the most disappointing one. Don't get me wrong though. It's good, but compared with the rest of the mains, it just lose out...)

All in all everyone enjoyed the meal very much, not to mention basking under the attentive waitresses service. Daddy even had a plastic 'bib' tied around his neck (which he admitted later that he actually thought the waitress is offering some plastic 'gloves' to tackle the ribs - too late... by the time he found out that she's actually handing out bibs, she's already in the midst of tying it around his neck! hahaha..........).

I think we were the noisiest lot in the restaurant, not to mention the most relaxed cos' we just pass our food around, totally forgot about the use of utensils & enjoyed the satisfying use of our bare hands, take pictures like it's our first time in a restaurant, making funny faces & gestures in front of the camera (the proper still pix in front of camera is no longer 'in') & the greatest shocker of all - baby bro & daddy teasing the waitresses (baby bro took pix with 1 of them too!).

We were having so much fun that I forgot to bring out the party poppers that I specially rushed to PJ Old Town to get it - what a shame... bet we'll shock even more patrons with it! **devilish grin**

Phew... Fortunately my recommendation this time is ok. It's always tricky trying to introduce western food to daddy cos' he's a bit picky & it's very rare that he finds any western fare appetising. Surprisingly this time he whole heartedly agreed. Though it does cause quite a bit of damage on the pocket but it's worth it.

The only regret I had was that :
1. I forgot to bring my camera, so had to 'ciplak' from Mei Ling for the photos
2. I did not manage to throw a similar party / birthday dinner for Shen. Not that I love him less or anything, but the timing at that time (20th Mar) was at the period when I was really very busy & can't make a trip to Malacca. Sorry bro... Don't jealous ar...

Lastly, I would like to make a disclaimer that I am in no way paid to comment / advertise / praise on Tony Roma's food. Nor do I have any shares / am related to the restaurant in any way (if I am, I wouldn't be paying for my meal - wouldn't I...) :-p

p/s : Thanks Mei Ling for the nice slideshow of the pix taken during the dinner & the lunch at Genki Sushi - KLCC outlet the following day.

No comments: