Thursday 10 April 2008

Jelingan "Maut" Ilhana

I was trying to figure out the translation for "Jelingan" & I just can't come out with an English word for it. Finally I google it & found "ogle flirtatiously"! Hmmm... That is not exactly the look that I got from Ilhana.

I tried again & I got a phrase! - a glance through the corner of the eye / to look out from the corner of the eye. That's more like it, but it's too long to put on the title! I can't have "Ilhana's glance through the corner of her eye"... hehe... Anyway, to cut the long story short, I use the Malay term above instead.

So, to those who wonder who is Ilhana..
She is our very own Gangster's daughter (see pix). See the cheeky look... Like mummy :-) It actually happened quite some time back, but am only putting it down in writing now.

What happened was, I made an appointment with Mdm Gangster to meet her somewhere. She was in her "HUGE" Car (to fit her Gangster title) with her twin sons & Ilhana (her daughter - aka daddy's princess **wink** **wink**).
You see, Mdm Gangster has managed to "bully" her daughter at the tender age of 1.5 years old to raise her hand when her name is called. She raise her hands to names such as :
1. Ilhana
2. Princess Ayah
3. Buchuk Macham Mama aka Busuk Masam Mama (Don't ask me why... Ask her Gangster mama)
So Mdm Gangster wanted to demonstrate Ilhana's latest "achievement" to auntie "FB Bully". She asked Ilhana "Sape buchuk macham mama?"
Suddenly.......
Ilhana gave a "jelingan maut" to her Gangster Mama! That jelingan... That 1 look conveys a thousand words! Such as :
- Mama... must you tell everyone I'm Bucuk Macham!
- Mama! I am NOT Bucuk Macham (at least NOT in front of strangers!)
- Mama! You're embarassing me! I have a cute image to uphold here!
etc... etc...
Both Gangster Mama & FB Bully Auntie was shocked! Wow! At such tender age, she knows how to "Jeling!" & what a sharp 1 that was... We really regretted that it happened so fast that we did not manage to recover fast enough to take a photo of her 1st Jelingan!
Well Mama Gangster... That is 1 bundle of "trouble" you've got there... Looks like you have Gangster Jr in the making!

2 comments:

michelleho said...

The "Buchuk" and "Gangster" gave it away.

I assume the mother of cute Ilhana will be no other than out very own Di-Ariff?

Fern said...

Unfortunately no lar... It's a colleague of mine.

Have not received news from Didie for some time now...