Wednesday 2 April 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun?

People used to say, time flies when you're having fun... I think it's no longer true... I might be under tremendous stress / dread facing a particularly tough spot in my work / am very-very busy due to the nature of working in Finance & yet I still find my life to be speeding by me so fast that I feel I have not lived my life to the full YET in my adult life.

I'm surprised when I suddenly realize :
1. I'm approaching 30
2. I have been married for nearly 4 years (end this year) now
3. It's already April 2008!!! & I felt like I've just started the year!

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful with what I have. In fact I felt extremely blessed because my life has been relatively smooth sailing...
I have never need to worry about my education. I have supportive parents that guided me all the way throughout my student days.
Then I was offered to a prestigious secondary school with the best teachers in the country!
Entered local university without much of a struggle
Secured a job before I even graduated!
Got married to the most patient man on earth - not easy living with a perfectionist :-)
Everything seem to be pre-planned without much of a struggle (with exception of work)...

But it scares me when I start asking questions like :
Is that it?!
I'm nearing 30, but What have I done so far?!
What will I be remembered for? Just another working ant?

I'm seriously reflecting what I want in life to make it richer (& I'm not talking about the materials). Since time is flying by at light speed, I wouldn't want to reach 50 & find myself regretting that I have not done this / that...

I guess 1 quote from a Chinese premier is very true. When your stomach is hungry, all your effort will be focussed on fulfilling the fundamentals (i.e. food / shelter); you don't have the time nor strength to think of luxury such as a "meaningful" life. Maybe I'm reaching the 2nd stage of my life where I can afford such "luxuries"?... For that I am thankful...

No comments: