Friday 12 June 2009

Experience of Using The Ovulation Kit

Before I proceed, excuse me if this article offends your sensibilities. I would like to forewarn, if you can't take the details, to stop reading now......

Man.... I thought taking my urine sample for the ovulation testing would be easy. But with me being diuretic (i.e. I need to pee almost every other hour), it's difficult! The kit's instruction says I must make sure I do not pee for 4 hours before taking urine sample for the test. They suggest mornings right after bed. Problem is, I woke up at 4am to pee, 6am to pee & 8am just before I start work I pee again.... All within the span of 2hrs.... & tht is with me refraining from drinking / eating (cos' food has water content too).

So I've been holding it now since 8am, not peeing, so tht I can take my sample at 12 noon. What a torture!!! & I've not even taken breakfast, just to stop liquid from flooding my "small" bladder!

What's worse, the instruction says I need to maintain relatively the same timing of day for all my tests. So if I do my 1st test on 12noon, I need to make sure all my other tests in subsequent days needs to be at around 12noon too. Ahhhh!!!!!!! Tht would be almost daily torture of no breakfast!!

I gotta seriously find a way to solve this problem... Wonder if with all my "holding it" for so many tests, my "south-region" organs & muscles may be better "trained" to "hold-it" better in future - so I don't need to take the "extreme" action of not ingesting anything, liquid / solids for the whole 4-hours duration!

Or maybe I should just find another ovulation kit... Maybe this is just the "cheap" 1 tht is more of an instrument of torture - since we're not paying the premium... (I wrote "cheap" cos' even the cheapest kit I can find costs about RM8/test stick - after discount mind you....). The other expensive ones can cost up to RM20/test stick. Bet tht type is hyper sensitive where u can pee every 15mins & still be able to take the test!!

Then again.... All of them had the instructions on a slip of paper in the box & not printed on the box... There must be a reason for tht... Yea... they don't want us to know tht we're supposed to be tortured to get tested.... :-p

Ok.... 10mins more & my torture will be over! It's now 11.50 & counting!.....

p/s: Fortunately I'm at home.... Otherwise my office mates will be wondering wht's happening to me "clamping" myself / wiggling on the chair all the time for the last 4 freaking hours... That would be embarassing....

3 comments:

michelleho said...

Good luck gurl!

Fern said...

Responding to your complaint tht I don't respond to you comments.... :-p Thanks...

eh... I responded to most of them lar... d HK trip 1 I responded wot...

michelleho said...

Hehe... isit? solli ler... ok i go check now... hehehe