Wednesday 17 June 2009

To LV or not to LV

The other day, my colleagues shared a gossip tht our team member bought an LV for his girlfriend (not even wife yet mind you.... girlfriend) tht costs RM4k! It was not even a handbag.... It was a purse & it's RM4k!!

Wahhhh!!!! No wonder LV can't go bankcrupt here! I remembered as I cross Bkt Bintang, I was commenting, how come this shop is still surviving.... got ppl buy meh so expensive? My question was answered by tht purchase.

Imagine, even avg income working class ppl like us are also buying LV, what more the really super rich ppl... So it sort of justified the continuous existence of LV in KL. Though, I think it can only survive in KL. Try putting it in Penang. The only customers they'll be seeing are the look-see-look-see variety.

Some asked whether as women I'm jealous tht I don't get such presents. However try as I may, I can't work up any jealousy... I'm happy with wht I have. I don't need an LV bag anyway. A nice bag in my favourite design is fine by me. A brandless calfskin handbag is also a luxury (minus an LV pricetag). Diamonds are even better (which I was so touched when hubby bought 2 in total since we got married). So wht is there to be jealous.

The only down side? Well, now whenever I'm undecided whether I should buy a Snowfly on 30% discount, nett at RM154... I find myself saying "Heck! What's RM154/pair of shoes (& comfy 1 too) when someone is splurging RM4k on a PURSE!". Thank goodness I only thought of tht after I left the shopping complex. If I thought of it right at the time I was window shopping... am just afraid I'll end up buying stuff from the boutiques at the Gardens (i.e. Banana Republic, Longchamp, Coach, Massimo Dutti etc)! It'll be a serious case of penny wise pound foolish when tht happens... There goes my dream bungalow home in Seremban 2 (but tht... is another story)...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story Fern, not sure who the guys is but I'm really impressed by his dedication, commitment, love, show of care & well being towards his partner. Talk about an act of love, tell me, does this guy also wear lotsa perfume when he goes to office? Reading between the lines he sounds like the type that goes for branded scents as well.

Fern said...

Errr.... sounds like he was either female / a gay in his past life.... lotsa perfume? puhleezzzz....

michelleho said...

errr... rm154 for snowfly? work shoes? cheap la! go buy if not regret when it's like 200-300 more than usual! hahaha

Fern said...

Not working shoes.... I oledi got 5 Snowfly work shoes (1 of them is a boot). This is a sandal... It's d least auntie looking sandal I can find for Snowfly... It's comfy & definitely cheaper than Clarks...

Was late for d Clarks Warehouse sale earlier in May... So did not manage to grab some good bargains... So Snowfly is fine...

Trouble is to find time & d ppl to go shopping wif me.

michelleho said...

Haha! Apparently the recent whse sale was not very good. Wait for the one they have in Glenmarie. Price cheaper and more variety.

Scholl whse sale at Subang 4&5 July. If you wanna go... gimme a buzz! Hehe...

Fern said...

I'll be in Penang 1-3rd Jul for training & 4th Jul to be wif my parents (to celebrate Independence Day for d US of A? nah....).

I shud be able to join u on 5th of Jul, but am afraid tht there will not be much left considering it's d 2nd day of d w/hse sale.

What say u? 5th Jul still ok ar?

michelleho said...

Lemme go on the 4th do some survey and then feedback see if worth going on 5th? If not, we can always catch up on the 5th. Pyramid OK? Hehe...

Fern said...

Set. You call me lar....

michelleho said...

oki dokie