Monday 22 June 2009

Movie Review: Terminator: Salvation

Before even going for the movie, 9/10 of our friends told us tht the movie was lousy / doesn't meet the mark when compared to all the other Terminator movies. So we were debating whether to go or not for the movie.

Finally we went last Sunday & caught the morning show. Maybe I went in with very low expectation, so it did not turn out as badly as I thought. But my hubby still did not like it much. He still prefers the previous Terminator movies where it was non-stop action & thrill. This movie has its slow / boring moments.

Christian Bale's acting was really lifeless, expresionless & he alwiz have d same look whether when fighting / when his helicopter is crashing / when on a life/death fight wif d robots / when lie dying & Marcus (d hybrid) offered to donate his heart... Expressionless through it all! I'd thought he shud at least look grateful lar.... d guy is giving away his life leh! **shakes head**

I liked Marcus (dunno his real name). He managed to display some complex emotion at the right time. Some of the most notable scenes where I thought was particularly good were :
1. when he found out he's actually a machine (I actually scolded Christian Bale when he distrusted Marcus juzz cos' he's a machine. I think I actually said "Stupid" out loud without realizing & promptly sink down really low in my seat... hahahaha..... but no reaction fr the rest of the movie-goers though... so suspect they agreed.... :-p)
2. when trying to enter d gates of Skynet & d robot let him enter because he was a machine.... tht had a mixture of sadness & anger... I actualy felt sorry for him there
3. when he found out he was duped & he was actually sent by Skynet to infiltrate d humans

Overall? If not for Marcus, dun think I can find much to like abt d movie....

No comments: