Wednesday 3 June 2009

Hong Kong Biz Trip - Day 1

Yesterday, 2nd June was my first of the 3-days tht I'm in HK for business trip. Quite a bumpy start to the day, because before I can even land on HK, I already forgot to bring along 2 things :
1) My h/p - used it as my alarm clock & after tht forgot to put it back in my h/bag... sigh....
2) My hp charger (;-p) am refering to the hp laptop charger... To lighten my laptop bag, I often removed the charger, since both my Cheras & PD home has chargers, so I don't need to carry it around. You know how heavy a charger can become when you're standing for about an hour on the train to Seremban?!

I was so worried tht the HK team has upgraded their laptops (like KL), cos' in KL it's impossible to share chargers in meetings when most of the others are carrying new laptops & mine (thank goodness) was still the older model. Why thank goodness? Cos' the new one is damn heavy & bulky.... I'll be drowned by the size of the bag!

Anyway, I'm digressing. Back to the topic. Nothing exciting after tht throughout the plane ride. Read a book - Cecelia Ahern, eat, watch a movie (Wall-E... I know, very kiddy... but...) & napped a little towards the tail end of the 3hrs 45mins journey. Ppl used to say, "haiya! a few mins shy of 4-hrs only!!", because our company policy says, when travel over 4-hrs, staff gets to sit biz class. I don't mind though... To be honest, even 4-hrs is not worth biz class.... You don't get to enjoy the extra service much + I can bear with the lag of leg room when it's 4hrs journey (but of course, tht's because I don't have tht much legs to "store" anyway... hahaha). Am digressing again...

Then I reached the airport. The signage was superb! KLIA should learn from them. I went through immigration, bought the airport express train to HK station & found the platform to the train easily! Best of all, immigration was a breeze. The minute there's a flood of passangers, I saw with my own eyes, men / ladies personel starts entering the cubicles to start processing entries (unlike MY). Upon reaching HK station, I was told to take the cab. However I found a free ride to the hotel tht I'm staying. So I thought I should take tht, check-in & walk out again to Times Square where Shell HK is located. Boy! Bad move... It's good when you're on holiday. But when you're going for a biz meeting, it sure is not relaxing to see the bus go from 1 hotel after the other & still not arriving to yours. It was about 40mins later tht I reach the hotel (when I'm sure it takes say 10-15mins direct drive?). So.... I sheepishly entered Shell HK very late & my host - very worried (I forgot my hp remember?)... sigh.... all in a day's work.... (& actual work has not even started yet!!) :-p

Ok.... Serious meeting going on. Will update the evening activities & Day 2 events later.... Bye....

2 comments:

michelleho said...

OMG!!! How to survive with no handphone! And when lappie konk, NO INTERNET!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!


On a lighter note - have a good time and update day 2 n 3! Souvenier too please haha!

Fern said...

no souvenir lar.... sorry.... wished I was able to stay back for the weekend to do some retail therapy, but had some family events during the w/end, so gotta be back... :-p