Monday 8 June 2009

Hong Kong Biz Trip - Day 2

Day 2 & I was too lazy to go wandering the streets of Causeway Bay to find for breakfast. So I had Breakfast in Bed courtesy of Excelsior's Room Service! (boy.... this is so not the Hong Kong experience).... I ordered for it to be delivered at 6.30am so tht it can serve as a wake-up call as well. I guess the guy who delivered the food must be cursing cos' I asked for food to be delivered so early in the bloody morning when I'm not even awake to have it yet (judging from my disheveled hair)...

Anyway, after a most satisfying breakfast of eggs (sunny side up), pork sausages, grilled cherry tomatoes, muesli, danish pastries with assorted butter & jams, orange juice & hot chocolate - I felt like curling back in bed!!! Freshen up my face & slap on some make-up & off I left for Times Square again on on foot.

The discussions were good & I'm at least comforted tht the work indeed requires my travel to HK. Released some of the "guilt", tht I was spending precious travel budget for things tht can be done remotely via net-meeting; but it felt good to know tht I can say on my conscience tht it's less effective & more time wasted if we went on the option of me working from MY. I'll not understand what they want / the help needed....

For lunch we went to a Yunnan restaurant serving spicy food. It's right in Times Square. Because it was raining, we couldn't be bothered to waste time driving out. The food was quite good & it was packed! You can hardly find a place to eat without reservations!

By the time we finished it was around 7pm & was in no mood to continue working. So packed my bags & left to scout for places to eat. This time I asked my colleagues for recommendations. I was given 2 places in the World Trade Centre building tht is directly opposite to Excelsior Hotel. The first recommended place was a Japanese Restaurant, but there were abt 200+ waiting list number being handed out & I was number 100++. I couldn't be bothered to wait even if they said it was the best Tongkatsu in the whole of Hong Kong.... So I went scouting for the 2nd recommended place - a restaurant serving Shang Hai noodles & other specialties. It was just 1 floor below the Japanese restaurant but same phenomenon... 100++ ppl in front of me. My God!! & they said the economy was bad... These are considered high-end restaurants & we have 100+ppl lining out in front of it!

So I just randomly picked another Jap restaurant situated on the 13th floor, way above the shopping complex in 1 of the tower blocks. It serves grilled meats, so thought of splurging on Wagyu beef. It was quite good, but it's no fun grilling your meat on a hot grill alone & getting your mouth burned (alone)... Wished I brought my story book along.... Oh well...

After dinner (& after all the time wasted on finding for a place to eat), I didn't have much time left to shop. Was attracted by several shops but can't buy anything :
1) A shop selling Shoes & Bags on 70% discount.... but Nine West after 70% sale is still RM200-300 for something tht's not even leather & with killer heels that can either sprain your ankles / cause you to lose 2 front teeth on the sidewalk (knowing how uneven our sidewalk surface in MY is)... So no thank you....
2) FrancFranc - wow this place is heavenly! The designs are so beautiful, finishing well made, but the price is also sky high! I love the designs on the stationery, the glassware was classy & divine, the bath products (bath salts & aromatheraphy stuff) were so tempting! It took all my restraint not to splurge there. Walked out empty handed but am proud of it.
3) Sasa - yea.... I know we have Sasa in MY too.... but the prices here is CRAZY!! Imagine - Elizabeth Arden's 5th Avenue (75ml) is only RM50 & Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea (100ml) is only RM55! Regretted I did not buy more. I just bought a bottle each (5th Avenue for mum & Green Tea for me) cos' I thought there's only so much EDT tht a person can use.

The Green Tea fragrance brought back sweet memories.... :-) I remembered hubby (then b/f) loved tht fragrance very much. He used to hold my hands & later bring it over to his nose because he loved the fragrance so much (admittedly I was freaked out at tht time - "err.... why are u sniffing at me? Am not a bitch in heat ok!" hahahaha..... but now I thought the gesture to be so sweet.....)

Anyway, by the time I got back to the hotel it was about 10+pm. Just enough time to bathe & cuddle in bed for a midnight movie..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

No comments: